I’m Karen, personal trainer and accounting resource for online entrepreneurs and coaches. I help make the financial aspects of running an online business understandable and uncomplicated. I have worked in the accounting and tax world, as well as in the health and fitness spectrum, and understand the complexities involved in starting and running a business online, especially in the health and wellness space.
My goal is to help you confidently navigate the various financial and tax aspects of running your business. I also have a passion for helping women get fit and healthy no matter where they are in their healthy living journey.
I have been a certified public accountant since 2006. I spent the first 9 years of my career the way that most young accountants do, working in variety positions in public accounting providing auditing and tax services to clients in a wide range of industries. I became burnt out from the long hours during tax season and decided I needed a change.
I left public accounting for an accounting position with a large multi-national company, where I stayed for 18 months before realizing that a full-time career in accounting was not what I wanted for my life. Ready to make a change, I followed my passion for health and fitness and pursued my personal trainer certification in 2013.
With a job as a personal trainer at a training studio, I quickly left the world of corporate employment behind to build a new career helping others along their health and fitness journey. To feed my thirst for knowledge, I added a fitness nutrition specialization in 2017.
My knowledge of fitness and nutrition has successfully helped clients with weight loss, improved muscle definition, race training, overall health improvements and increased self confidence.
I loved many aspects of my accounting career, and continue to put my years of experience to use by helping entrepreneurs manage their finances. I use my knowledge of taxes and business to help business owners set up and run their
fun facts about me
- Growing up I wanted to be a marine biologist and work at Sea World.
- I love reading! When it's time to pack for a vacation, I spend more time thinking about the books I will take instead of my clothes.
- While I love to cook, I am not a baker. Betty Crocker and Duncan Hines to the rescue every time!
- While I love to listen to all kinds of music, my favorite bands are Blink-182 and Dave Matthews Band.
- I am the oldest of three kids in my family but the shortest one in the family. Soon, even my daughters will be taller than me.
- I do not watch scary movies! No horror movies or thrillers in my house!